Saturday, August 19, 2006

More Apartment Pics

Ok, I promised the rest of the pictures of my bedroom. Here they are.

It's a very bright room with a giant window. Great for letting in lots of light, and of course, sound. There must be 10 different bell towers in this city that ring every fifteen minutes, or not. It just depends on something random. Or, the other night some guy started sorting bottles at 2am right outside my window. Sure it's about 4 stories up, but it's diffferent here. In Canada, the noise has places to go besides into your living space. Here the streets are so narrow, that the sounds bounce their way up the buildings and into the rooms. You can hear absolutly everything.

Next, here's the two beds in my double room. I kind of fit, but only when curled up into a ball. It's ok though, I'm always really tired when I sleep so no problem. This place really reminds me of my grandparents place in Toronto we used to stay at 15 years ago. I think there were two beds, it was built by my Italian grandfather and the place even smells the same. Really bizzare. The bedding is from the 70s I think, and there are little doilies on every surface. We also have a TV. I'm starting to almost comprehend what's on TV.

Lastly, here are two photos of the view out my window. If you can't tell, we're on a hill. The whole city is on a hill. There isn't one level road in the city. But this helps you navigate. If you look at a map, the city makes no sense. Yet somehow you just know how to get through it after only a couple days or two. And it's all because of the hill. The main piazza is basically at the top.


This is a very basic map, I don't think it shows all the streets, and this is only a small section of the center. There are much more complicated parts. Everything is named for some historical importance, so maybe if I knew the history of Perugia well it might make sense, but if you come from somewhere like Calgary that's on a grid of numbered streets, this place appears to be a nightmare.

I live right on the top left corner just off Piazza Matteotti, right beside the word "Via" (steet), only you enter from the other side.

1 Comments:

Blogger kent said...

That looks like my Grandma's house.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home